Digital Gurkha is a leading Digital Marketing agency based in Kathmandu, Nepal. We provide personalized quality services helping businesses build a brand through End-to-End Digital Marketing Strategies.
Digital Marketing Career in Nepal
You know people are making money online, brands are getting viral and this has made you consider can I pursue a career in digital marketing? You surely have interacted and may even understand the basics of digital marketing jobs. But you may not be clear about the complete picture and may have doubts.
Digital Marketing is a combination of different practice and knowledge-base. It is a combination of writing, designs, data-analysis, science, psychology, technology
Today, we attempt to answer some common questions anyone willing to pursue a digital marketing career may have.
The Rise of Digital Marketing in Nepal
Digitization. Think of a field or niche which is untouched by the digital media. You will find only a few or NONE. The Digital Landscape is transforming heavily with immense opportunities waiting for those willing to grab it.
Digital Marketing has been growing since the early 2000s in the USA and first world countries but with the extensive reach to the Internet and growing popularity of social media in the recent year, Digital Marketing has indeed developed as a huge industry all around the world.
Now, in 2019 Digital marketing in Nepal has gained popularity with the attention of audience and brands in the effectiveness of digital marketing methods over the traditional means.
Businesses and Brand’s are going digital because that is where the majority of people are fixated on. This requires manpower equipped to handle the digital media in the digital age. This has led to the rise of Digital Marketing Jobs and Career in Nepal.
Should You Pursue Your Career in Digital Marketing?
It basically boils down to what interests you and what you are passionate about. The growth of digital marketing in Nepal is evident and it is here to stay. So, pursuing a career in digital marketing is a possible path.
Do you want to express your creativity through words and images?
Do you believe you understand the crowd and what they prefer?
Do you want to build a brand everyone will recognize?
Do you love playing with data and analytics?
Do you eat social media for breakfast?
Do you think you are contextual, humorous and engaging?
If you answered yes to most of the questions above, probably digital marketing is a good career for you. Remember any career you choose should be a culmination of things you love doing, things you are good at and things you can get paid for. So, know your passion, harness your skillset and ride on the digital marketing bandwagon.
Digital Marketing Jobs in Nepal
There are many digital marketing jobs available in Nepal and different positions digital marketers can work as are:
Social Media Manager
A Social Media Manager is someone who will handle the social media profile of Brands along with the advertisement. They are aware of social media trends and adept in navigating through different platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. A social Media manager coordinates with the graphics and content team or could be self-creating the content.
A social media manager is responsible to maintain the identity of the brand through the social platforms and maintain conversations with the audience through these platforms.
The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising. The Job Role includes but is not limited to:
- Stay Up-to-date with Social Media Trends and Updates
- Perform extensive research for content, trends, and audience preference
- Implement innovative and out-of-the-box ideas on content, strategies, and marketing
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content (e.g. Ad Copies, Design Concepts, Photos, Polls, News)
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize, manage, and improve on overall social media accounts (e.g. Instagram Feed, Display Pictures and Description)
- Manage Social Media Marketing Campaigns and Day-To-Day activities to establish online brand reputation, engagement, and interaction
- The Social Media Manager should be a highly motivated and creative individual with amazing work ethics. Depending on the skill and dedication, growth opportunities are limitless in Digital Gurkha. (edited)
The basic qualification of Social media Manager is about being adept at various social media platforms and understanding the audience. Social Media Manager in Nepal need to understand that the results achieved in international scenario may not be as effective in the scenario of Nepal.
- Well- versed with various Social Media Platforms
- Creative, Innovative, and Contextual Thinking
- Excellent writing and language skills (English and Nepali minimum).
- Great Team work and Communication capabilities
- Rational, Practical, and Decisive Thinking
- Professional Demeanor
Work as a social media manager in Nepal. check out jobs at Digital Gurkha
Content is Currency and The importance of content in marketing is evident. Content Writing is one of the trending digital marketing career in Nepal. This is for those who love the magic of words and like to play around with it. But, definitely writing for the Internet such that it is marketable while incorporating story-telling is different from our general essay writing. A content writer or marketer must align their writing with the SEO efforts and brand building. A content writer must know the important keywords, incorporate it and optimize it such that it ranks.
Content Writing in Nepal has helped in digital branding.
- Write niche oriented descriptive blogs
- Conjure Catchy Headlines & Taglines
- Create Image/Video Ideas for social media posts
- Strategic Planning for Diversity and Distribution of Content
- Copy Writing: Text Captions for Posts and Ads
- Professional Writing: Create Reports, Proposals, legal document
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience in writing for the Web, content management and internet research
- Experience with social networks and the implementation of social media marketing
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and working with content management systems, using photoshop an added advantage
- Prior experience or qualification in journalism/ article writing/Knowledgebase topic creation and writing
- Having experience in Advertising and marketing etc. will be an added advantage
- Good written/speaking English
Content Writers are always on demand. Work as a content writer in Nepal
The Artists of the Digital Age, Graphic Designers are at the core of Digital Marketing Campaigns. Visual elements have better reach and engagement from audience and even if you are writing a blog article, making a video or posting in social media, graphics will always be required. The Scope of Graphic Designer extends beyond just the digital platform, making logo, posters, and banners. Also, Graphic Designer are contacted first when it comes to rebranding any business or organization.
Graphic designers are the creative people who draw upon from their imagination and in this digital age, they need to learn different tools and techniques to express their art.
- Assess the Requirement of Clients a Take the design brief to record requirements and clients needs
- Tools & Technique: Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to clients comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, stylists, executives etc.
- Experience with Tools & Technique: Proven graphic designing experience
- Proficient in Creative Office Suites, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Proficient with the typographic layout and full-color printing skills
- Understanding of color theory and general design principles
- Knowledge of print production and different printing protocols
- Ability to be focused while balancing efficiency with creative quality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- keen to learn and implement creative ideas
Digital Marketing manager :
A digital marketing manager is the one in-charge of digital market campaigns or strategy. They oversee and coordinate every effort done as part of digital marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Manager
- Brand Management: How is a brand perceived by the audience? Are social accounts active? A digital marketing manager is concerned with how the audience perceives a brand and make efforts through various platforms to enhance brand value.
- Strategy: Develop long term digital marketing strategies for the brand in alignment with their vision and according to the competitors to make a credible name for the brand.
- Customer Base: A digital marketing manager creates an audience base relevant to the niche, analyses the engagement and stimulates dialogue and communication with the consumers
- Digital Metrics: Identify the key point indicators which will determine the success of digital marketing efforts and leverage techniques that are effective and economically feasible
- Coordinate Between Teams: Coordinate, Prioritize and evaluate different tasks and confirm it to a standard. A digital marketing manager should work closely with the graphics, content and social media team.
- Manages a company’s brand, messaging and positioning online.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Holistic Digital Marketing Knowledge: You need to have complete knowledge of all the domain related to Digital Marketing and know how to bring it all together. It includes SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media, Advertisement, Funnel Creation, etc.
Social Media and Website Knowledge: You need to have basic knowledge about the pros and cons of different social media along with the features they provide. Also, the knowledge about basic functioning of website will prove helpful
Communication & Coordination: A digital marketer is required to coordinate the team of digital marketers which consists of people from different domains. You need to have proper communication skills to deliver your message and get things done.
Understanding of Consumer Behavior & Psychology: Digital Marketing is based on the attention of the audience and it is required for a digital marketer to have a basic understanding of what the consumer is doing, what they love
Strategy Creation: A digital marketer must be able to create long term strategy for any business to drive their branding and marketing. This strategy is a combination of audience insights
•Displays a firm understanding of using digital media to advertise and sell products.
•You need to have basic knowledge about different metrics and key point indicators to measure the success of a digital marketing campaign.
•Is able to persuade consumers to purchase products through various digital means.
•Displays extensive knowledge in relation to the product or service being marketed to the public.
The SEO team is the part of the digital marketing team that is responsible for getting websites ranked and subsequently drive traffic to the website. SEO is more oriented towards the technical side and is closely related to website structure and analytics. There are many freelancers Working as an SEO Professional in Nepal who help you rank higher in the Search Engine Result Page.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze the competitor: their advertising links used keywords and strategy
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Integrate SEO practices into code by coordination with the development team
- Work with content creators and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content distribution
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Proven SEO experience
- Proven SEM experience managing PPC campaigns across Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Experience with bid management tools (e.g., Click Equations, Marin, Kenshoo, Search Ignite)
- Experience with A/B testing and multivariate experiments
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms·
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO and SEM
Website is the identity of your business in the Internet and is the centerpoint for most transactions. Every business will require an interactive website to provide different facilities. So, even if Web Development and Web Designing is a different domain, it is part of the digital marketing career.
- Take the briefing of requirements to identify necessary Features and Functionalities of the Website
- Create Framework and Wireframes to model the website
- Design the user interface for a good user experience
- Develop required system (back end) to facilitate required functions and features
- Develop and maintain login systems as well as different user profiles
- Command of HTML and CSS for site structures and appearance
- Having sense of design knowledge and able to manipulate design elements
- Able to develop and code on one of the following language: PHP, ASP, Java, Perl, C#
The Qualities Common to Digital Marketing Job
While there are many digital marketing jobs available with their own sets of tasks, skillset, and qualifications, there are certain qualities that will always prove beneficial to any digital marketing professional.
As with any other jobs in Nepal, the candidates are required to have superior organizational skills, be self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic. Some of the major qualities of digital marketing professional are:
Communication: Marketing is about communication and anyone working in the digital marketing field must be a good communicator. This is important to facilitate collaboration and coordination with the team as well as building a connection with the audience
Technology: Digital Marketing is based on digital devices and other platforms on the internet. A digital marketing professional should realize the potential of technology and understand how to use it to one’s advantage. You will have to use wide varieties of applications on the phone as well as numerous websites that offer utility in creation, strategy, and distribution.
Creativity: There may be many digital marketers each trying to get the limited attention of the desired audience base. So what makes you stand out? The creativity you express in your campaigns and each task. Content Writing and Graphic Designing need to engrain creativity in whatever they do while technical teams can also be creative in the strategy or path they choose. Individuals high on the creative juice and willing to explore unorthodox methods are the right fit for digital marketing
Team Work: If you want to go fast, go alone but if you want to go far go with a team. Like most of the job, teamwork is fundamental to achieving success in any digital marketing campaigns. Having a good interpersonal skill is important because any campaign requires the collaboration of content writer, graphics designer, SEO analyst, social media manager, digital marketing manager, sales & marketing team.
Passion: Above All, you need to be passionate about the work you are doing. Be it writing the content or running campaigns for clients, the passion will fuel you to give your best and achieve the maximum results.
REPORTING: Digital Marketing stands out from traditional marketing in terms of data, analytics, and tracking. Thus, it is essential to report the progress and changes that occur between digital campaigns. Whatever is measured grows and different professionals may require to make different reports. The SEO team needs to track the ranking of the website, number of traffic and status for different keywords. Social Media Manager must analyze and track all posts, advertisements and their results
Other Management Jobs:
A digital marketing company is just like any other organization and requires manpower to execute efficiently as a team.
- Operations & Administration: To facilitate the execution of daily tasks, to create and manage the overall system you need a dedicated person in Operations & Administration. They should have a broad knowledge of what tasks are required to do and whether or not those tasks can be achieved.
- HR Management: Human Resource is the most valuable resource in an organization and having a dedicated HR manager will ensure that everyone is growing at their full potential while also
- Accounts & Finance: Not just the office expenses and salary calculation but a digital marketing agency will require extensive care to the accounts and finance as you will be running several ads with dealing in US dollars with the Ad platforms and in Nepali Rupees to the agency and the customers.
Digital Marketing Training for Jobs:
As you can see there are various job streams available in the digital marketing domain each with their own set of required skills. You may already possess some of the skill while you may be wondering how to get qualified for working a digital marketing job in Nepal.
You may be asking: are there training for digital marketing jobs? Yes, certainly they are.
Digital Marketing Training focuses on different domains of Digital Marketing and helps you familiarize with the scenario, tools, and techniques with a practical working example of Brands and Business.
Recently, many training centers provide Digital Marketing Training in Nepal in a different domain. The General bouquet of digital marketing training available are:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Training
- SEO Training in Nepal
- Google Ads & Analytics Training
- Content Writing Training for Marketing
Digital Gurkha also provides specialized digital marketing training in Nepal.
- Digital Marketing Career in Nepal
- Creating a Bomb Digital Marketing Strategy
- SEO Tips for Website, Keyword Analysis and Content Writing
- Digital Marketing Training Course In Nepal
- Digital Marketing for Businesses in Nepal: Simplified
- 21 E-commerce Strategies to Grow Your Business
- 2018- The Year of Nepali Women
- SEO in Nepal: what is actually done
- Online Marketing in Nepal
- Facebook Ads – Social Media Marketing in Nepal